Tuesday, March 27, 2012

PRETTY MAIDS: "It Comes Alive"


Live album

Label: Frontiers 2012

Review by Kimmo Toivonen

30 years. That's how long Pretty Maids have been around. To celebrate their anniversary, the band has released "the band’s first ever audio-visual release". Unfortunately I only have the audio to review...

With a career of 30 years, the band had a lot of songs to choose from. They've managed to put together a solid setlist, there are fast and hard songs as well as their melodic songs, with the emphasis slightly on the melodic side. I have no complaints about that! Of course I have my favourites among their catalogue and not all of them are included, but I guess that applies to each one of their fans. At least they didn't completely overlook my favourite album of theirs, "Jump The Gun", as they did way back in 2006 when I saw them live.

Although I'm not that fond of live albums, I must say that "It Comes Alive" is one of the better ones I've heard lately. The band sounds really good, and while vocalist Ronnie Atkins' vocal style cannot be easy on his vocal chords, he can still deliver. Damn, this album makes me regret that I missed their recent gig in Helsinki!


Website

No comments:

Post a Comment